Everyone else is already taken.”
real: re•al (adjective) – not imitation or artificial; genuine
REALyou is all about helping YOU discover, grow, love and celebrate the most authentic version of YOU!
- Do you wish you had the time or guidance to take a moment for yourself and just figure out who YOU are, what you want out of life, where you want to go, what is important to you?
- Do you want to learn more about how to stand up for yourself and build healthy relationships with your friends or romantic partner? Do you want to connect with other young people, just like you, to share your problems, ideas, dreams, and questions?
- OR, are you the parent of a child or teen who could use some support in becoming the most confident and authentic version of herself/himself?
What does REALyou do for Kids & Teens?
REALyou offers workshops, camps and an exclusive online platform to help you:
- Discover and celebrate the ‘REAL YOU’
- Navigate the complicated challenges of being a kid or teen
- Nurture your relationship with yourself (Self-esteem, Self-Care & Body Image)
- Create healthy relationships of all forms with others
- Receive crucial knowledge for your physical, emotional, and psychological well being
REALyou was created in order to provide you with a safe space to learn how to deeply value and appreciate yourself and have access to resources that will support you in more challenging situations, such as drama between friends, dating and affirmative consent, identifying your values and interests separate from those of your family, etc. We want to give you the tools and affirmation to feel confident navigating these challenging times without betraying who you are and who you want to be.
Through REALgirl and REALboy Empowerment Programs, REALyou has already run camps and workshops for thousands of young people and now we are excited to be offering REALyou online platform to provide videos, activities, live discussions and workshops, to help guide children and teens to discover their REAL self and reach their highest potential!
Click here to join our Mailing List and be the first to learn about and register for our Online and In-Person Workshops for Kids & Teens.
What does it mean to be “REAL”?
real: re•al (adjective) – not imitation or artificial; genuine
The ‘REAL’ in REALyou/REALgirl/REALboy refers to the courageous practice of being genuine and authentic. Our customized curriculum is committed to guiding each child in the ongoing mission of discovering and embodying their authentic self mentally, physically, and emotionally.
REALgirls and REALboys are dedicated to consistently developing and protecting their social and emotional well-being, confidence, and courage so that they may make empowered choices from a place of self-knowledge, self-respect, and strength.
Most importantly, ‘REALgirls’ and REALboys’ recognize that they are the authors of their own story and valuable contributors to the world in which they live. Read more about the REALgirl® and REALboy Missions™ .
REALyou Online and In-Person Program Modules
Some of the topics we address in our program include, but are not limited to:
Discovering Your REAL Self
Your Body. Your Rules.
(Affirmative Consent & Bodily Autonomy)
Creating Your Own Path
Your Body Is A Temple
(Exercise & Nutrition for a Healthy You)
Creating A Media Filter
Using Your Voice
Creating Healthy Relationships
(With Yourself & Others)
Overcoming Gender Roles
Your Powerful, Magical Female Body
(Puberty & Menstrual Health)
Healthy Communication Skills
What Kids Are Saying About REALyou Programs
“I can honestly say it’s changed my life in such a huge way. I feel more confident, more informed, and I can explain and help people and myself more with the knowledge I know now!” -Donna, 14
– Taylor, 15
“This program is really fun. Don’t be afraid to be yourself. You will NOT be bored. The art projects are interesting and right when you think they can’t get any better they do. Everyone involved is really sweet. Some people are really funny and out there. REALyou is very inspiring and will help you be more confident. You will want to keep attending even when it’s over!” – Ana, 17
“I definitely feel a lot more confident with myself. I was unsure in the beginning but I’m definitely glad I did this; it was very empowering.” –Diana, 14
What Parents Are Saying About REALyou Programs
Did you attend a REALgirl, REALboy or REALyou program that inspired you to create positive changes in your life? Or, did your child enjoy their REALyou experience? Share your success story with us!
- Love is Respect – Information and Resources to create healthy relationships and avoid abuse. Also provides 24/7 support hotline.
- Rape Abuse & Incest National Network – Resources and information regarding sexual assault, including victim support.
- Planned Parenthood Parent Page – Provides in-depth articles, videos and additional resources on a range of topics; such as consent, birth control, STIs, Puberty, Sexuality, Healthy Relationships and more.
Recommended Videos & Documentaries
- The Mask You Live In (available on NetFlix)- The Mask You Live In follows boys and young men as they struggle to stay true to themselves while negotiating America’s narrow definition of masculinity.
- MissRepresentation (available on Netflix) – Miss Representation exposes how mainstream media and culture contribute to the under-representation of women in positions of power and influence in America. The film draws back a curtain to reveal a glaring reality we live with every day but fail to see – how the media’s limited and often disparaging portrayals of women and girls makes it difficult for women to feel powerful and achieve leadership positions.
REALyou Online Tools
This quiz is adapted from an American Girl book called, A Smart Girl’s Guide to Friendship Troubles, which I really love and highly recommend you get. Take the ‘True Friend’ Test
Girls! We created this quiz to help you get a sense of how healthy your relationship is with YOU because this is the foundation for building healthy relationships with anyone else. Take it now and see how you score! (Adult women can take it, too. Just change the word ‘girls’ to ‘women’ and ‘boys’ to men in #13 and the words ‘in class’ to ‘at work’ in #19.) Take the ‘My Relationship with Me’ Quiz